Saving Energy: Heating
Did you know that the biggest chunk of your energy bills goes to heating and cooling your home?
Typically, this can be as much as 44% of your energy bills! Having an inefficient system drains energy unnecessarily, and costs you money!
Michall Daimion Heating & Air can get you set up with the system you need to use energy wisely and get the results you deserve! We offer all sorts of solutions from tips and tricks, to tweaking your ductwork, to designing and installing entirely new systems!
Call us today to find out how we can help you save money on your energy bills!
Some of the most important things you can do include maintaining your system, insulating and weatherizing your equipment, and watching your thermostat settings. These can cut your bill by up to 50%!
- Keep your thermostat settings as low as you comfortably can.
- Clean or replace filters monthly.
- Clean baseboard heaters, warm-air registers, and radiators as needed; ensure there are no blockages by furniture, carpeting or drapes.
- Turn kitchen, bath and other ventilating fans off as soon as they have done the job; these fans can pull out a houseful of warmed or cooled air in an hour.
- Keep draperies and shades on south-facing windows open during the Winter to allow sunlight to enter your home; keep them closed at night to reduce the chill you may feel from cold windows.
- Close an unoccupied room that is isolated from the rest of the house to conserve heat for the rest of the house.
- Do not set back the heat pump's thermostat manually if it causes the electric resistance heating to come on. This type of heating, which is often used as a backup to the heat pump, is more expensive.
- Maintain the system according to manufacturer's instructions.